Happy Friday, friends! Today, I have teamed up with some bloggers to bring you fun BBQ recipes! Once you check mine out, be sure to scroll to the bottom to check out what they have!
Today I am sharing a super easy recipe for pulled BBQ chicken. The catch is, the sauce is homemade and low sugar/carb! So anyone who is keto, this is a perfect one for you!
A brief history on my diet, for anyone who doesn’t know, I dabbled in keto, but found cutting carbs completely just isn’t for me or my fitness goals. Payton does eat exclusively keto and has for almost 2 years now.
What do you need?
The list for this recipe is really simple. You need tomato sauce, chicken, garlic, minced onion seasoning, Apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, stevia and a crockpot.
How to make it
The great thing about crockpots is the recipes are usually set and forget. I dumped all ingredients in first and mixed them together. Then set the chicken on top, turn them on the sauce a couple of times and throw it on low heat for about 4 hours. That is literally it!! Couldn’t get any easier.
So I am just going to share the recipe now since that is what you really came here for 😂
- 2 pounds chicken breast (I use organic personally)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener (I use Stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced onion seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I get the paste)
- Add tomato sauce in your crockpot first.
- Add all ingredients but the chicken and mix well
- Set the chicken on top and flip a few times to evenly coat the sauce
- Cover your crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Please note, you can shorten the time to 2 hours by turning on high but I do not recommend this as the sauce may burn a bit and chicken won’t be as tender.
- After 4 hours use two forks to pull the chicken breast’s apart. I do this while it is in the sauce.
- Service with lettuce
Anyone that tries this, let me know how you like it!!
And now, head over to check out everyone else’s recipes!