*This is a sponsored post by Otamot. All words and opinions are my own.*
Let’s face it, easy family meals, that contain enough vegetables to keep parents happy, can be so difficult to find and make! I was so excited when I read about Otamot! It is designed by a parent specifically for picky eaters and ensuring that they get the proper vitamins and nutrients without disturbing the flavor. Otamot is packed with vegetables, vitamins and antioxidants with NO added sugar! It is an easy win win for any family.
My kids are all huge spaghetti fans so making them spaghetti with Otamot sauce was the first thing that we did. Then I started messing around trying to think of new ways to put Otamot into different meals so maximize that benefits of it more often. In our home, pizza and baked potatoes are a huge hit so I figured why not combine them? A twice baked potato that is stuffed with pizza yumminess and Otamot sauce was my answer! Even better, pizza stuffed potato that contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, D, E, Lycopene and HEALTHY fats.
My favorite part of this recipe was the fact that I didn’t have to shop for a ton of ingredients. All I used was russet potatoes, butter, oregano, Otamot Sauce, Mozzarella cheese and pepperonis. Simple right? AND I wasn’t slaving away in the kitchen! Throw the potatoes in the oven, go on with whatever else and then mix everything up and heat it all quickly! The longest part was the oven time, but I was able to do laundry and cleaning while they baked. Some people do make baked potatoes in the microwave so this is always an option, I personally don’t because I have read that microwaving food drains nutrients from it.
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter (I use grassfed, unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 jar of Otamot Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash all potatoes and use a fork to poke holes in them
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove potatoes from the oven (do not turn it off) and let cool. Once they are cool, cut in half lengthwise and spoon insides into a bowl.
- Mix potato insides with your butter, oregano and 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese. Add about 1/2 a jar of Otamot and stir everything until combined.
- Spoon your mixture back into the potato skins.
- Spoon a small spoonful of sauce on to the top and sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheese over tops.
- Place pepperonis on top
- Bake for 15 min