If you guys have been following me much, you know that Payton has been #keto since August of 2018. We are consistently trying to incorporate new meals into his diet that is family friendly as well.
We have made stuffed peppers a few times, but I recently decided I wanted to try a taco style stuffed pepper since I LOVE Mexican food and am totally missing taco Tuesday!
I opted to use ground turkey over ground beef and obviously, because of family size, I used 2 pounds of ground turkey. He is pretty keto strict so I didn’t add corn which I normally would have done (corn contains too much sugar).
It was really very simple from there and SOOOO good! Everyone in the family loved it. I added some cauliflower rice to our meal to finish it off!
- 2 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Yellow onion diced (I buy it pre diced and frozen)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 7 Bell Peppers (Make sure at
least 1 is green)
- 3 Cups (Aprx) shredded mexican cheese
- Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut tops off of all red bell peppers (6) and clean the contents out. Place peppers on a greased baking pan, hallow side up, for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add ground turkey, onions, diced green bell pepper and garlic for 10-15 min
- Add taco seasoning and 1 1/3 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 7 minutes.
- In the bottom of each bell pepper, add a small amount of shredded cheese.
- On top of the cheese, add the ground turkey.
- Top each bell pepper with shredded cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted
- Garnish your taco stuffed bell pepper as you please and enjoy!!