Do you have any amazing family recipes that have been handed down? My family have a few! Banana bread is one of my favorite. I make that along with several other breads and treats every Christmas for family and friends! The kids love it so much, I try to make the banana bread as often as possible!
My favorite part of making it? How easy it is! It really takes no time and is so moist. My trick to super moist banana bread it throwing old bananas in the freezer and thawing them out right before use.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups mashed (dethawed) bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Cup butter or shortening
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cream together sugar and shortening
- Beat in eggs and bananas
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
- Slowly add flour mixture to the banana mixture
- Pour into greased and floured (or spray with Pam) pans – 2 Large or 4 Small
- Cook for 1 Hour