For Cinco De Mayo, I decided to have a bit of fun with Makenzee! We ran to Fry’s and picked up some of our favorite ingredients to make tacos, rice and beans! We decided that a corn and avocado salad would be the perfect addition to our Cinco De Mayo feast!
We picked up some random ingredients and it turned out so amazing that I thought I should share it with you guys!!
Here is the final dish
On top of being DELICIOUS, it was so easy and quick to make! And has saved so well (I actually just got done eating some of it leftover)!
Here is my recipe!
- 3 Cups of frozen corn (cooked) – Can use fresh, but lets face is – I am a busy mom who doesn’t have time for all of that
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 of chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 C of diced rec onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 Peeled, cored and diced avocado
- 1/2 C Cotija cheese (can substituent feta, but it isn’t as good)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 Cloves of minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice (fresh preferred)
- While the corn was in the microwave, I combined all of the ingredients for the dressing and whisked. Then set aside until the rest of the salad was ready.
- Add corn, diced onion, cilantro and jalapeno in bowl and mix together
- Put fresh lime juice on avocado and add to the salad
- Drizzle olive oil over entire salad then add the dressing and mix well
- Last, add 1/2 C of Cotija cheese and mix well